INTERESTED IN INCREASING FUNDING FOR YOUR LAB?
AIMING TO CONNECT WITH PROPOSAL REVIEWERS?
BUILDING NEW RESEARCH PROGRAMS AT YOUR UNIVERSITY?
The National Science Foundation, in partnership with Southwest I-Corps, is offering an advanced program designed to improve research funding for faculty and scientists. Leveraging the success of the NSF’s I-Corps programs, we will practice techniques that embrace the scientific method to focus on clarifying and framing the Broader Impacts of your planned research into a compelling proposal narrative.
Throughout the program we will work to develop connections and links of your research concepts to the broader stakeholder ecosystem so that your research group can refine its research agenda and build the foundation for a sustainable research pipeline. We will use specialized development techniques to define the impact that you could create as a result of your research findings, and align your research agenda with these proposed outcomes.
• Increase your chances for funding
• Clearly communicate broader impact of your research agenda
• Refine your research agenda
• Identify key collaborators and stakeholders
• Develop a sustainable research pipeline
• Research faculty or scientists interested in increasing successful research funding proposals, identifying stakeholders, and/or clarifying messaging about research initiatives
• While not required, it is recommended that you bring members from your research group to support this program. Graduate students, research scientists, post-docs and undergrads are all welcome!
February 7 • 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Opening Workshop: Day 1
February 8 • 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Opening Workshop: Day 2
February 14 • 1:00 – 3:00 pm
February 21 • 1:00 – 3:00 pm
February 28 • 1:00 – 3:00 pm
*All workshops will be held virtually.