Southwest I-Corps is offering a virtual regional NSF I-Corps program for graduate academic research teams to explore the commercial potential of their research and innovation. Teams who successfully complete the program can achieve eligibility to apply for the national NSF I-Corps program and a $50,000 I-Corps team grant.
During the program, teams will be introduced to fundamental I-Corps principles, helping teams explore the potential commercial value of their research or innovation, and quickly and effectively validate their commercialization strategy. To gain a deep understanding of their market, teams spend time talking to customers, partners, competitors, and industry professionals.
• Develop entrepreneurial skills
• Improve odds for commercial success
• Validate business model
• Establish product-market fit
• Achieve eligibility to apply for $50,000 I-Corps team grant
March 5 • 3:30 – 5:00pm
March 23 • 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Opening Workshop *incl. lunch break
April 2 • 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
April 15 • 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
*All workshops will be held virtually. Customer Discovery will also be conducted virtually to mitigate health risks for participants.
Graduate students, faculty and staff interested in translating their innovation and research into commercial ventures are encouraged to apply.
Teams must meet the following criteria:
• At least two researchers per team
• Technical proficiency of research or innovation
• Right to practice intellectual property
• Patent or patent pending deep tech innovation, or intent to file patent application
For more information, contact Aprille Busch.