Do you have a new idea or technology? Want to refine your innovation and develop a business plan for your idea?
NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps) enables teams of scientists, researchers and engineers to explore the commercial potential of their research or innovation. By learning how to assess commercialization opportunities, teams gain a better understanding of their market, customers, competitors and industry.
Startups will engage with and receive feedback from nationally-certified instructors from the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health.
• Conduct early stage market research for your idea
• Engage and connect with other innovation teams
• Discover new insights for your technology
• Qualify and prepare for application to the NSF national I-Corps programs (acceptance into the national program includes a $50,000 award)
• Increase the potential success rate for future SBIR/STTR funding submissions
January 24 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
January 31 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
February 7 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
February 14 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
February 21 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
February 28 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
March 7 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
March 14 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
March 21 • 11:00 am – 2:00 pm CT
*This program will be delivered in a virtual format.
Teams must meet the following criteria:
• At least two team members
• Technical proficiency of research or innovation
• Attend the opening and closing sessions and review recorded materials every week
• Rights to practice intellectual property (university ownership component preferred)
• Commitment to complete a minimum of 30 customer interviews over the course of the program